Monday, May 17, 2010

What I borrowed from the library

The library stocks a fair collection of music/hifi magazines. Among the titles that I have borrowed include Stereophile and Absolute Sound. I came across HiFi News and realise the title is now called HiFi News and Record Review. Hmmh, another feather in the cap for vinyl lovers I guess.


notice that hifi news and RECORD REVIEW


interesting article on Cat Stevens Tea for Tillerman (looks familiar)

In the 90s when CD was king, many people predicted that the vinyl as a music format was dead. Many artists thought so and didn't released their albums on vinyl. For those who did, these albums are rare and collectors items now. Among them include these gems:


Ten Summoners Tales
Easily the best solo album from Sting. Just great. The most commercial, the most accessible, the most consistent and the one with his best singles on it. Hardly any duds here. Top notch.

Stand out tracks :-
If I Ever Lose My Faith In You
Fields Of Gold
Seven Days
Its Probably Me
Shape Of My Heart


If i ever lose my faith in you single

The other rare album that was released around the same time was Cranberries "Everybody Else is doing it"

Everybody Else is Doing it so Why Can't We? (1992), the debut album from The Cranberries is particularly interesting. Firstly there is the colourful story of how the band and album came together. Secondly comes the actual content of Everybody Else is Doing it so Why Can't We? itself.
via Nick Bendel
















Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails